THE LATEST
« »

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Bill O'Reilly says He's on al Qaeda Hit List

I knew this couldn't be true when I heard it yesterday -- Blowhard Bill has a bad habit of saying crazy things to puff himself up into someone important.

Here's the story as it was:

TVNewser:

Timed to the release of his new book, Bill O'Reilly will be profiled on 20/20 Friday night. ABCNews.com has a preview:

O'Reilly says his fame and success -- and sometimes controversial views -- have come with a price.

"With the controversy comes death threats on a daily basis," O'Reilly said. "Not only from kooks. But the FBI came in and warned me and a few other people at Fox News that al Qaeda had us on a death list. รข€¦ That's a little disconcerting."


As it stands today:

TVNewser:

Does anyone except for Bill O'Reilly believe he's on an Al Qaeda death list? Apparently not. Radar quotes a FNC correspondent who say he's never heard of it before, and a competing cable exec who says it sounds like "absolute bulls---."

Then a "skeptical federal law enforcement official" called the site to say: "I'm not aware of any FBI agents warning anyone at Fox News of their presence on any list.... For that matter, I'm not aware of any Al Qaeda hit list targeting journalists."


And, really, why would al Qaeda target Bill? He's a bud! Why, he even issued a fatwah of his own:

Media Matters:

Hey, you know, if you want to ban military recruiting, fine, but I'm not going to give you another nickel of federal money. You know, if I'm the president of the United States, I walk right into Union Square, I set up my little presidential podium, and I say, "Listen, citizens of San Francisco, if you vote against military recruiting, you're not going to get another nickel in federal funds. Fine. You want to be your own country? Go right ahead."

And if Al Qaeda comes in here and blows you up, we're not going to do anything about it. We're going to say, look, every other place in America is off limits to you, except San Francisco. You want to blow up the Coit Tower? Go ahead.


Why would someone who's so pro-terrorist and anti-american be on an al Qaeda hit list?

Tags:

Search Archive:

Custom Search