THE LATEST
« »

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Maliki Hates his Job

Iraq's a mess. No one has a clear idea what to do to improve it, the violence seems to be increasing, and it's not very likely that the current government will be the final one. None of this is lost on a world leader who wishes he was already out of office.

Don't get too excited, it's not Bush. It's iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki.

BBC News:

Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri Maliki has made clear he dislikes being the country's leader and would prefer to leave the job before his term ends.

[...]

"I wish I could be done with it even before the end of this term," he said.

"I didn't want to take this position," he told the Wall Street Journal. "I only agreed because I thought it would serve the national interest, and I will not accept it again."


Is the implication being that another term would not serve the national interest? Could be.

But it could be that being the Prime Minister of Iraq is pretty much what you'd imagine -- the job sucks.

Tags: | | | | | |

Search Archive:

Custom Search