THE LATEST
« »

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Griper Blade: The Law is an Ass

You know what the bitch is about writing a daily post? Figuring out the first sentence. This doesn't have a damned thing to do with what I'm about to write, but I figure the best way to solve a problem is to point it out. Try this tomorrow; wake up and wonder what the hell you're going to do with your life. Then do it the next day and the next day and the next....

But you didn't dial in here to see me whine and I've managed to brilliantly solve my own problem. My first sentence is dead. This concludes this episode of "Fighting Writer's Block." Yay on me. Onwards and upwards.

Moving right along, I'm a little lost on what to think about Roland Burris. This is a problem. Turns out, he's just a little bit of a dick. The general consensus is that Burris is a good man caught in a controversy bigger than himself. That controversy may be bigger than he is, but he's not a good man.

ProPublica.org:

Former Illinois attorney general Roland Burris, embattled Gov. Rod Blagojevich’s pick to replace Barack Obama in the Senate, is no stranger to controversy.

While state attorney general in 1992, Burris aggressively sought the death penalty for Rolando Cruz, who twice was convicted of raping and murdering a 10-year-old girl in the Chicago suburb of Naperville. The crime took place in 1983.


Cruz was clearly innocent. Another man confessed to the crime. Burris pushed to legally murder -- there is no other word for it -- Cruz for political gain. My opinion of this man is that he's the scummiest of scum. Much, much worse than the corrupt governor who appointed him. Blagojevich never tried to kill anyone... [CLICK TO READ FULL POST]

Search Archive:

Custom Search