THE LATEST
« »

Monday, August 17, 2009

Another Armed Nut at an Obama Event

There is no courage on the right.

Talking Points Memo:

A man is carrying an assault rifle and a pistol outside the VFW Convention in Phoenix where President Obama will speak later today, a local newspaper reports...

Local police say it's legal under Arizona law, but two officers are keeping close by him.

"If we need to intervene, we will intervene at that time," said Detective J. Oliver.

The man, who declined to give his name, was asked why he was armed. "Because I can do it," he said. "In Arizona, I still have some freedoms."


I guess being an obvious coward is a "right." A guy doesn't carry a couple of guns around unless he's terrified. We know he's not an assassin, because assassins don't say, "Hey lookit me! I'm a-comin' to kill you with these here guns!" Even wingnut idiots know that. No, he's carrying because he's afraid of the "union thugs" he thinks hide under his damned bed.

And he's not doing it "because he can do it." He can also walk around in a cute little black cocktail dress with a bird cage on his head, singing "Milkshake." Totally legal, he's got every right to do it if he wants, but I don't see him doing it.

Besides, remember how everyone who protested Bush showed up bristling with arms? That's because they didn't. Wearing a damned t-shirt that said the wrong thing got your ass sent to jail. And I'm sure that Mr. Wetdrawers here would've been totally cool with a gun-totin' nut showing up to a Bush event. I'm sure that Dr. Crazypants would've applauded that until his hands broke out in welts. As would the whole right wing blogosphere.

Who are we kidding? They would've demanded in the shrillest way possible that the guy be sent to Gitmo and waterboarded. You only have "rights" if you're a right wing nutjob.

3 comments:

vet said...

Strictly speaking, it wouldn't be legal for him to be singing "Milkshake". That would be an unauthorised public performance of a copyrighted work.

Just something you might like to reflect on, if you want to know what freedoms really are being stolen from you day by day.

Anonymous said...

I don't get it. If I fly my own personal flag upside down on my private property here in Wisconsin, the police will arrest me for disorderly conduct and steal my flag. In Arizona and New Hampshire, it appears that someone can walk around with loaded guns near the President of the United States of America, and the local authorities shrug their shoulders and say they can't do a damn thing. Un-fucking-real. Somebody is going to end up dead and I'm guessing the constables will run away from any accountability. They'll shrug their shoulders and ask what it was they were supposed to do. Assholes.

M said...

Ha.

Hilarious, Vet.

Search Archive:

Custom Search