THE LATEST
« »

Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Griper Blade: Sire, The Peasants are Revolting!

Protesters crowd Wisconsin Capitol
I've been writing almost exclusively about Wisconsin on this blog and I realize that this is a switch from the national perspective I usually take. But I think I can justify it in a few ways: one, I'm in Madison and there's pretty much just one story here and two, Wisconsin is a warning to the country on the dangers of naked Republicanism. There's more here than just a desire to bust unions. That's just part of it. What's really going on is an attempt to move the tax burden off the wealthy and on to everyone else.

Wisconsin State Journal:

Low-income taxpayers in Wisconsin would lose hundreds of dollars in tax credits a year under Gov. Scott Walker’s proposed budget — at the same time the governor wants tax cuts for businesses and investors to boost jobs.

Walker proposes cutting about $16 million a year from the program, which in 2009 paid 273,939 low-income Wisconsin residents a total of $133 million...[CLICK TO READ FULL POST]

Search Archive:

Custom Search