THE LATEST
« »

Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Stories to Watch: 3/2/11

Running late tonight. Made sourdough pizza. Too freakin' great. Now here's the news...


This is fun -- Mike Huckabee yesterday:
I would love to know more. What I know is troubling enough. And one thing that I do know is his [President Obama's] having grown up in Kenya, his view of the Brits, for example, very different than the average American.

Mike Huckabee today:
On Monday, while on Steve Malzberg's radio show on New York's WOR Radio, I was asked about the President Obama's birth certificate issue. In my answer, I simply misspoke when I alluded to President Obama growing up in 'Kenya' and meant to say Indonesia.

So what the hell does Indonesia have to do with the British? Keep digging, Mike.


Westboro Baptist Church has a First Amendment right to protest military funerals. So sayeth the Supreme Court and, I've got to admit, I agree. It makes me feel like crap until I remember that Alito was the only judge who dissented -- when you're opposite Samuel Alito, you're doing all right.


Wisconsin Republicans pass legislation that fines the Wisconsin 14 $100 for every day they skip out on a quorum. It's an empty threat and unlikely to change a damned thing, because it's so obviously unconstitutional. Wisconsin Republicans are now throwing Hail Mary passes. They're just that desperate.


GOP Rep. Trent Franks wants to impeach Obama over his stand on DOMA. Problem; the president has broken any laws, which makes meeting that whole "high crimes and misdemeanors" requirement a little sketchy. I've argued in the past that the phrase is intentionally vague, to allow it to be interpreted as the occasion calls for. But I really think there has to be some actual crime.


Another poll shows Americans overwhelmingly in favor of collective bargaining rights for public employees. The moral of this story; the next time someone tells you about Rasmussen polling data, go ahead and laugh.

Search Archive:

Custom Search