THE LATEST
« »

Monday, March 28, 2011

Stories to Watch: 3/28/11

Man, the mayoral race has got me stumped. I get to choose between liberal incumbent Dave Cieslewicz and liberal former incumbent Paul Soglin. I'm having a hard time caring who wins here, so I don't know who I'll vote for. I'd be happy enough with either. This strikes me as the sort of problem you want to have. Now here's the news...


The latest in government shutdown news, from Brian Beutler: "The parties have until April 8 to reach agreement, and the odds of a government shutdown are higher now than they've been since this process began." Harry Reid blames the impasse on freshman Republican Tea Party crazies.

***

Speaking of Tea Party crazies; a short-lived story on the wingnutosphere had Bill Ayers -- of "paling around with terr'ists!" fame -- admitting that he'd written Obama's Dreams from My Father. This had something lunatics had speculated on during the presidential campaign. This time, they had video to prove it!

And then people actually watched the video. Long story short, wingnuts are too stupid to get obvious sarcasm.

***

Here's a crazy idea: maybe revenues in states are so low because taxes have been cut to the bone.


Just when you thought the GOP's 2012 field couldn't get any crazier... Remember Judge Roy Moore? Yeah, he thinks he's got a shot at the White House.


People don't like like Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker.


Finally, President Obama will address the nation tonight on the subject of Libya.
Enhanced by Zemanta

Search Archive:

Custom Search