THE LATEST
« »

Monday, September 26, 2011

Stories to Watch: 9/26/11

Finally. I needed to get some bandwidth issues taken care of and it took me a lot longer than I thought it would. I think I've got it squared away now, but I'll run diagnostics later tonight to make sure. I'll set them up to run overnight. For once, I'll be productive even while I sleep. Now here's the news...


Greg Sargent takes on the idea of a third party by pointing out that there isn't exactly a third position on most issues for that party to take. Hence, it would be redundant. I'd go a bit farther and point to parliamentary systems where several parties exist; those tend to be narrowly focused parties (dealing almost exclusively with environmentalism, women's rights, copyright reform, etc.) that wind up as part of one coalition or another along the conservative/liberal divide. All we do in the US is skip the coalition building part. You may agree, you may disagree, but it's always nice to see a sound, logical argument. Paul Krugman also takes a stab at the issue.


The House and Senate continue to wrangle over disaster relief spending as the government faces a possible shutdown. David Dayden of Firedoglake makes an excellent case for Democrats sticking to their guns.


Allegations of the use of excessive force get awfully hard to deny in NYPD crowd control during the Occupy Wall Street protests. I want you to stop a moment and consider the political shitstorm that would ensue if police treated 'bagger protesters this way. I guess it's OK to abuse liberals.


Speaking of 'baggers, how racist can they be? How's this?


The DNC capitalizes on the bloodthirsty and hateful nature of the crowds at GOP debates.


Finally, Florida Gov. Rick Scott is just a clown.
Enhanced by Zemanta

Search Archive:

Custom Search