THE LATEST
« »

Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Stories to Watch: 10/4/11

It's cool enough now that I feel I can use the oven more, so I'm back to baking sourdough bread. I still don't have it done as much as I do pitas and pancakes, though. I've been using a bread machine to knead it (you can't bake it in there, though) and I'm thinking it doesn't work the gluten well enough. The next time I try, I'll do a windowpane test and, if it needs more work, do additional kneading myself. If not, then it's back to the drawing board. Now here's the news...


Ezra Klein has a great post up about Occupy Wall Street and the 99-percenters. TLDR; the movement matters and this blog helped convince him of that. "They’re small stories of people who played by the rules, did what they were told, and now have nothing to show for it," he writes. "Or, worse, they have tens of thousands in debt to show for it." Follow it, repost the photos if you're on Tumblr, share them on Facebook, Twitter, Google+. etc.  -- just get them out there.


If you want a good place to check for Occupy Wall Street news, Greg Mitchell would be a fine choice.


The protests have the corporate world worried. Rightwing media begins its attack, while at least one suit wonders, "Is this going to turn into a personal safety problem?"


Is it over for The Simpsons?


Now that Christie's out, the right is back to searching for a viable candidate. Fortunately for dems, they're doing it wrong.


A GOP Rep. really puts Grover Norquist through the ringer.


Finally, a definition of tone-freakin'-deaf: while people mob Wall Street protesting -- among other things -- unfair banking practices, the Obama administration sides with debt collectors.


NOTE: I'm not adding "Related stories" because for some reason Zemanta is all screwed up. I'll figure it out later.

Search Archive:

Custom Search