THE LATEST
« »

Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Breakdown on the side of the information superhighway


Antique car broken down on side of road




The blogging addon Scribefire has quit working with the latest version of Firefox. Scribefire seems to have been an abandoned project for a while now, so I suppose it was only a matter of time. I never used it on Tumblr, but for my Blogspot blogs it was practically essential - I hate Blogger's post editor with the passionate intensity of a thousand burning suns. It's clunky and slow and eats CPU and is just generally awful.


I've downloaded an opensource desktop editor called Zoundry Raven, which seems OK so far. It uses almost zilch for RAM, which is a big plus for me. I'm not at a point where I can recommend it yet, but it seems pretty good so far.


Anyway, if blogging began late today, that's why. And it may be light throughout the day as I get my bearings with this thing - or scrap it and try another if that's what I need to do.


[photo by aussiegall]


Search Archive:

Custom Search