MyFox8, NC: Randolph
County deputies said a 2-year-old boy accidentally shot and injured
himself when he found a handgun at his home Saturday afternoon.
Deputies said the toddler saw his father’s handgun in his parents’
bedroom and put it in his mouth, where it accidentally went off.
Authorities said it happened around 2 p.m. at a home on Spring Valley Road, just outside the Asheboro city limits.
Deputies said the boy was taken to Brenner Children’s Hospital in
Winston-Salem and is listed in serious condition but expected to
Authorities said the bullet missed the vital arteries in the neck and
head and also missed the spinal cord. Deputies said it’s a miracle the
child is still alive.