THE LATEST
« »

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

The Stuff I Didn't Get To -- 4/3/07


The future of the Royal Air Force?


-Say what now?-
George W. Bush: "The solution to Iraq -- an Iraq that can govern itself, sustain itself and defend itself -- is more than a military mission. Precisely the reason why I sent more troops into Baghdad." In related news, Bush announces that NASA is more than a military project and, therefore, he's dispatching a carrier group to the moon. (Think Progress)

-It's like being a suicide bomber, only more expensive-
RAF Air Vice Marshal David Walker: "Would you think it unreasonable if I ordered you to fly your aircraft into the ground in order to destroy a vehicle carrying a Taliban or al-Qaeda commander?" According to the report, the response from RAF pilots was, "Hell yes, that's unreasonable!" (The Sun)

-He's screwing with us, right?... Right?!?-
Keith Richards: "The strangest thing I've tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father... He was cremated and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. My dad wouldn't have cared... It went down pretty well, and I'm still alive." (AP)

Search Archive:

Custom Search