THE LATEST
« »

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Griper Blade: The Iraq Puppet Show



There was a little battle of the wills Sunday on Meet the Press, with a heated argument between Sens. Jim Webb and Lindsey Graham. While Graham was throwing out the same old tired Republican talking points and Bush apologism for war in Iraq, Webb called him on it. Angrily. It was beautiful. Click on the image above for the video.

Or, we can go to the New York Times politics blog, The Caucus, for a partial transcript.

SENATOR GRAHAM: Have you been to Iraq?

SENATOR WEBB: I have been to Afghanistan as a journalist.

SENATOR GRAHAM: Have you been to Iraq and -- have you been to Iraq and talked to the soldiers?

SENATOR WEBB: You know, you haven't been to Iraq.

SENATOR GRAHAM: I've been to -- I've been there seven times.

SENATOR WEBB: You know, you go see the dog and pony shows.

SENATOR GRAHAM: I've been there as a reservist, I have been there and I'm going back in August.

SENATOR WEBB: That's what congressmen do. Yeah, I have, I have -- I've been a member of the military when the senators come in.

SENATOR GRAHAM: Well, all -- listen, something we can agree on, we both admire the men and women in uniform. I don't doubt your patriotism.

SENATOR WEBB: Don't put political words in their mouth.


The reason Graham switched gears to 'something we can agree on' was because Webb was getting seriously pissed off. Graham was pushing some BS that soldiers were reenlisting because they support Bush and the war. This is kind of like arguing that firefighters are in favor of an arsony because they keep running back into the burning building. The fact is that people reenlist because they don't want to abandon their friends in a hellhole...

[CLICK TO READ FULL POST]

Search Archive:

Custom Search