THE LATEST
« »

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Stories to Watch: 1/16/11

I mentioned yesterday that I was trying out Firefox 4 beta and that I had a bug with my address bar. Turns out I was right; it was a non-compliant add-on screwing things up. In fact, it was the very first one I tried disabling. It was kind of obvious after I thought about -- it was an extension that allowed me to copy a site's URL from a Google search link, instead of the insane bazillion-character URLs Google uses. In other words, the add-on that was screwing up the URLs in my addie bar was the one that was designed to screw with URLs. You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to solve that mystery. So, if you're beta testing and you're having trouble with your address bar, try disabling Redirect Remover.

Everything's working great now and my only real complaint is that the beta seems to use a bit more RAM. Not the world's biggest problem. Now here's the news...


A Tucson town hall meeting turns tense, with one of the shooting victims arrested after telling the city's top 'bagger Trent Humphries, "You're dead." Keep in mind the victim, J. Eric Fuller, was shot in the knee by Loughner and watched bullets rain down all around him, killing six and wounding fourteen. You'd imagine he found that a tiny bit upsetting and will probably remain upset for a good long time. So cut the guy some slack. Of course, the wingnuts don't see it that way -- I suppose because they've strangled their consciences and their souls a long time ago.


Consumers enjoy a rare win as a court halts 10,000 home foreclosures in the state of Maryland.


Noted five-watt intellect Michael Reagan -- who once advocated putting grenades up infants' asses -- calls his brother Ron "an embarrassment" for confirming what everyone already knew -- that Ronald Reagan might've had early Alzheimer's during his final term as president.


Proof positive that wingnut bloggers are dumber than cold gravel.


Finally, Michael Steele may be gone, but he is not forgotten. Here are ten dumb things Mike has said over the years.

Search Archive:

Custom Search