THE LATEST
« »

Tuesday, August 09, 2011

News Roundup for 8/9/11


Do what the pretty lady says!


-Headline of the Day-
"Wisconsin Recall Voters Head To Polls To Kick Out Koch Overlords."

Well, except people like me, who don't get to play because our state senators are super-popular. But everyone else in Wisconsin is just going nuts. The most common phrase heard at polling places is "I'm just going to mark the shit outta that motherfucking box on my ballot! I will! You'll see!"

In many districts, the turnout is described as being "near-presidential." Everyone's chewing their nails and pulling out their hair and saying, "I swore I was going to give up smoking."

Which way is it going to go? Who knows? Dems are ahead in most races, but not by much in many -- pretty much a dead heat. The odds are leaning one way, but that's nothing you can take to the bank.

So, if you're in Wisconsin and don't have a beloved state senator like I do, why the hell are you sitting here reading this? VOTE! (Wonkette)


-Completely gratuitous comic-
because I'm counting the minutes until the polls close and can't be bothered to look up other stuff.



Click to embiggen


Hahahaha! Am I right, ladies? (McClatchy)


-Bonus HotD-
"Wisconsin Recall Turnout: How High Can It Go?"

I don't know. Let's find out. (Talking Points Memo)

Search Archive:

Custom Search