THE LATEST
« »

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Stories to Watch: 10/29/11

Finally got my loaf of sourdough done. Stretch and fold is definitely the way to go if you're lazy -- like me. It turned out a little too moist, but I think I probably overhydrated it a bit. Next time I'll go a little drier and see how that works. I'm hoping to have a dough I can use for dinner rolls by Thanksgiving or, if that's too soon, Christmas. Dialing it in. Now here's the news...


The rightwing fantasy of an Occupy movement orchestrated by the Obama White House dies, as polling shows that "about three-quarters [of Occupy Wall Street protesters] now disapprove of Mr. Obama’s performance as president."


John Boehner attempts to overdose on hypocrisy.


Public Policy Polling finds that President Obama's "struggling" to win Wisconsin's electoral votes. 44% approve, while 51% disapprove. Still, he beats everyone in the field, with Romney coming the closest at 3 points down. And now seems like a good time to whip out my old saw -- people vote against things, not for things. Obama's approvals don't matter as much as his eventual opponent's disapprovals.


Mitt Romney throws "American Exceptionalism" under the bus by arguing that, when it comes to foreign policy, we really ought to let Israel boss us around.


Speaking of Mittens, it turns out that Rick Santorum's not the only candidate with a Google problem.


Joe Biden sums up the GOP's newly-found deficit hawkishness nicely.


Finally, lowering the voting age to 17? Hell, I'd go with 16. They're driving, they're working -- they've got a stake.
Enhanced by Zemanta

Search Archive:

Custom Search