THE LATEST
« »

Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Stories to Watch: 11/3/12

I wanted to be back on my regular blogging schedule today, but I had one last batch of pancakes to make and my sourdough starter was getting kind of weak. I think it became underpopulated from all the previous batches. Came back fine, just took longer than usual, so I had to skip the roundup. Now here's the news...


The Daily Show and The Colbert Report are back. It's going to be OK.


John Garver pleads with GOP voters not to vote for Rick Santorum. Why should you care? Garver is Santorum's nephew and the piece is in The Daily Caller -- which was founded by Tucker Carlson and Neil Patel, a former adviser to then-Vice President Dick Cheney. The weird part is that Garver wants you to vote for Ron Paul.


And did Rick Santorum really say he didn't want to make "black people's lives better?" Some are now saying he jammed a nonsense word into a sentence.


The problem with the above item: Rick doesn't deny saying it, instead saying, "I haven't heard it." Here's the thing; if someone told me I'd said something racist, I'd know right off the bat they were wrong. What's Rick's basically doing is saying, "I might've screwed up my dog-whistle and said what I meant -- I'd have to hear it to be sure." Whether he actually said it or not, he's not doing a lot to dispel the notion that he's a racist.


Gingrich says Mittens is a liar. Ignore the fact that he's right and remember how Newt swore he wouldn't resort to negative campaigning. By my count, there are two liars in this item.


The media is letting Romney run wild with false jobs claims.


Rick Perry develops Nazi Tourette's.


Pat Robertson's off his meds again.


Finally, Mittens aims to have this whole GOP primary thing wrapped up by February.

Enhanced by Zemanta

Search Archive:

Custom Search