THE LATEST
« »

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Stuff I Didn't Get To -- 2/20/08

Hippy in tie-dye
Typical Obama supporter


-Pop quiz-
Who said the following Tuesday night? "Give me a break! I've got news for all the latte-drinking, Prius- driving, Birkenstock-wearing, trust fund babies crowding in to hear [Barack Obama] speak! This guy won't last a round against the Republican attack machine. He's a poet, not a fighter."

Was it Rush Limbaugh? Glenn Beck? Sean Hannity? Bill O'Reilly?

Good guesses all, but wide of the mark. It was Tom Buffenbarger, president of the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, introducing Hillary Clinton in Youngstown, Ohio. To his credit, he didn't hit all the right wing talk radio talking points -- no mention of popular lefty stereotypes like tree-hugging and terrorist-loving. No mention of the ways in which the homosexual menace is destroying America. And he didn't call Obama a radical Muslim plant.

Still, with friends like this, liberals don't need enemies. (MSNBC)

-Huckabee is Fuckabeed-
Last night, I thought I'd check to see who was ahead in the Wisconsin primary pretty much right out of the gate. I checked in on CNN to see if any returns had come in yet, a mere 10 minutes after the polls closed. I didn't expect it to mean anything, I was just curious -- I figured it might swing back and forth throughout the night. On the GOP side, I came across this and had to take a screenshot:

CNN chart showing McCain projected winner with 0% of precincts reporting
(Click image to enlarge)


Again, that's 10 minutes after the polls closed. With 0% reporting, CNN projects John McCain as the winner. Now that's just sad... (CNN)

-Headline of the day-
"McCain jokes about waterboarding his staff."

Are you sure Grampa McGrumpy was joking? After all, he was against waterboarding last year, but he's all for it now.

If I were on Team McCain, I'd be worried. (Think Progress)

Search Archive:

Custom Search