THE LATEST
« »

Friday, September 24, 2010

News Roundup for 9/24/10

Girl wearing insane amount of bronzer
Noted Orange-American, Rep. John Boehner


-Headline of the Day-
"Jon Stewart's Takedown Of GOP's 'Pledge To America': 'Same Sh*t We Heard Before'."

You might think I'm being a little lazy with this one, but seriously, it doesn't need any embellishment. On the rollout to the GOP's big Pledge to America thingy/stunt, Jon Stewart nails it.

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Postcards From the Pledge
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show Full EpisodesPolitical HumorTea Party


That last Boehner split-screen was perfect. If Democrats aren't making sure this thing's all over the internet, they're even dumber than I thought.

And being that dumb would take talent. (Talking Points Memo)


-Cartoon time with Mark Fiore-
Hey kids! Democracy was old and stale and fair, so we've decided to replace it with...

Cashocracy!
Click for animation


Now voting is a thing of the past! Sure, you can still do it if you want to, but it's really just an antiquated formality. (MarkFiore.com)


-Bonus HotD-
"Toxie's dead."

First, a note: I just installed a bunch of smoke detectors and my ears are ringing from testing them. Seriously, it's Friday, I have a headache from all the screeching, and -- to make matters worse -- they're tearing up the street out front and my world is all bang and grind and crash and beep-beep-beep-beep! And I still haven't put the tools away. So I'm phoning it in with a bunch of video clips. Sue me. Also, trust me. This one's good.

OK, so here's the setup: When it became clear what was driving the mortgage meltdown, the reporters at NPR's Planet Money did something really smart and journalismy; they bought their very own toxic asset, named it Toxie, and watched it die. These are the life and times of Toxie, the toxic asset.



Here's hoping the species has gone extinct. (NPR, via MoJo Blog)

Search Archive:

Custom Search