THE LATEST
« »

Monday, March 05, 2012

News Roundup for 3/5/12

Rush Limbaugh - Hate Radio
His common sense approach to issues has cost him nine advertisers so far


-Bonus HotD-
"Rush's 53 Smears Against Sandra Fluke."

In his half-hearted not-really-an-apology to Georgetown University student Sandra Fluke, Rush Limbaugh wrote, "For over 20 years, I have illustrated the absurd with absurdity, three hours a day, five days a week. In this instance, I chose the wrong words in my analogy of the situation. I did not mean a personal attack on Ms. Fluke."

The problem here is that this "instance" was three separate shows over a three day period and that Rush personally attacked her -- i.e., said things about her personally -- at least 53 different times during that period.

I hope no one takes this the wrong way, because I don't mean this to be a personal attack, but Rush Limbaugh is a steaming bowl of crap. I mean that in only the nicest way, of course, and am only illustrating the absurd with absurdity. Mr. Limbaugh is not, after all, a literal steaming bowl of crap. It's merely a metaphor. He's as helpful and useful to a functioning society as a steaming bowl of crap and I just want highlight this undeniable fact.

At this point, Limbaugh's bleeding advertisers at an alarming rate, having just lost his 9th today.

Try not to take it personally, Rush. (DailyKos)


-I don't see how that's going to help-



After all, talking to Republicans is what got them so far gone in the first place. (McClatchy)


-Bonus HotD-
"Romney: 'In my administration, coal will not be a four-letter word.'"

I guess he plans to spell it wrong or something... (ThinkProgress)
Enhanced by Zemanta

Search Archive:

Custom Search