THE LATEST
« »

Thursday, May 17, 2012

News Roundup for 5/17/12

Rep. Mike Coffman, Colorado's Republican birther idiot
Claims not to mean the stupid things he says


-Headline of the Day-
"Mike Coffman didn't 'misspeak.'"

Colorado Republican Rep. Mike Coffman made some waves when he got a little fumbletongued and said something he totally didn't mean to say. At a GOP fundraiser, Mike tried to ask someone what time it was, but it came out all wrong. "I don't know whether Barack Obama was born in the United States of America," he said. "I don't know that. But I do know this, that in his heart, he's not an American. He's just not an American."

I know how he feels. Last Christmas, I asked my aunt to pass the butter and it came out, "9/11 was an inside job and Dick Cheney is a cyborg!" Boy, was I embarrassed.

Anyway, Mike cleared everything all up by releasing a statement. "I misspoke and I apologize," he said. What a wonderful man.

"I don't believe the president shares my belief in American Exceptionalism," he went on. "His policies reflect a philosophy that America is but one nation among many equals."

That's not really clearing things up, Mike. You say he doesn't believe in your idea of Manifest Destiny American Exceptionalism, but -- while I find his embrace of this empty rightwing buzzphrase an annoying flaw -- he says he does believe in it. Emphatically.

But I'm sure that was just another slip. What you really meant to say was, "I'm a freakin' idiot. Sorry." (Maddow Blog)


-Cartoon time with Mark Fiore-
Hey kids, Dogboy and Mr. Dan are back and they're going to teach us all about the Bible and marriage equality! Yay!


Click for animation


Sometime it seems like the people who talk about the Bible most are the people who know it the least. (MarkFiore.com)


-Quote of the Day-
"I'm not familiar precisely with exactly what I said, but I stand by what I said, whatever it was." -Willard "Mittens" T.G.I.Fridays Romney, esq. (Political Wire)
Enhanced by Zemanta

Search Archive:

Custom Search